January 1, 2010 by Tim
As a nice way to start the new year I have decided to post a “family photo” for 2010. I will do this every year that I have the blog going.
From left to right:
- A soprano kit ukulele from Grizzly that i built 2 years ago
- My Bushman concert cut-away that I went to indiana and got from John Hall directly when I visted the Bushman Brewworks
- My first ukulele! It is a Oscar Schmidt OU-2 that I painted and tweaked.
- The all black sideways one on the left is my Soprano Risa Solid that I bought when I turned 30. waited 3 months for them to finally make a black one for me, and now you can just order it.
- The Other sideways uke on the right is the first cigarbox ukulele I made from Papas Boxes. They have changed the design since then.
- Bottom left is a 1930’s Richter collegiate soprano that I found at a flea market. Still plays great.
- The the cigar box ukulele that I just finished and have been posting about. My Papa’s Boxes Uke kit.
- The last one, on the lower right, is a soprano Rogue that I purchased for $17 from Musicians Friend. It was one of the stupid deals of the day. Put Worth Strings on it and it plays really well.
If you have a family photo that you would like to share, just send me a picture with a quick description of each member along with your name (What you want posted) and where you live (City, State)
Happy New Year