NAMM HERE I COME6
January 23, 2013 by Tim
While I sit in the airport getting ready to board for the first leg of my trip I decided that I should kick of my NAMM 2013 coverage with what I am look forward to and my plan of attack.
- What I am hoping to see
- Eastman Guitars is jumping into the ukulele world. Hoping they bring as much to the uke as they do to their guitars.
- The Martin Iz ukulele- it’s a uke based on Iz’s uke that he played on many of his albums. I guess his wife has signed the label?
- Godin Guitars has a ukulele now. I have played the chambered guitars and it looks like they are using the same technology to make ukuleles. With all the controls on top and everything.
- The Beard Reso-ukes. Saw one last year at the Gold Tone booth. Hoping he is still making them.
- Bill Tapia – Really hoping that he knew about this before he died and they are not just using his name
- Blue Nessie- Blue Mics new consumer mic that is made to make you sound better.
- Cordoba – I have heard they have a Pepe Romero designed uke? If so that should be really interesting
- Gretch – They have 5 new ukes this year, including a camp uke!
- Peavey – Have heard rumors they have a ukulele, we shall see…
- Kamaka bass – Not sure if it is true, but I hope it is.
- Lanikai – I know what is new from my friends who are demoing, but not sure I should say. All I can say is that it will be one of the first to do it with a ukulele.
- Beside that I will run into tons of things I don’t know about.
- Also looking for the Jim Beam uke?
- The plan
- Photo dumps at lunch and dinner, with thoughts later on.
- I will try my smartphone and see what highlights I can post.
Last year on the first day I walked 11 miles on the first day (I had a pedometer on) and by the end of the day I was toast. I will make sure to take pictures of the jams and concerts to.
Hold on tight and we shall see how this goes.
Steal me a kamaka concert with pickup, wouldja?
Looking forward to following your coverage!
Have a great time Tim.
Hi Tim, Do you know Dale Webb of Flea/Fluke fame? They are revealing a new instrument at the show. It will be the first viewing of the new model of the S for short 8543A as well. The fellow who makes PEGHEDS–Chuck Herin– will be theresharing a booth with someone else. I await your reviews. Bill Thompson
Have fun!- I hope to get there some day-
i’ll live vicariouly through u!!